FEN chessboard diagram instructions
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSERTING FEN DIAGRAMS
Here is a link to background info on FEN: en.wikipedia.org
Right below the message box for posting comments on forums or for sending messages you will see:
fen="FEN/notation" -- to insert a chess diagram for a given FEN notation enclosed in quotation marks.
Translation: Once you have the FEN notation, you then paste it into the message preceded by the phrase, fen=, and enclosed in parentheses [“__”]. NO SPACES.
How to obtain a FEN:
As with any computer task, there are multiple ways of obtaining a FEN. This is one way.
1. Go to the game board and then to the analyze game board.
2. Click on Save/Export and then click on Get FEN. The FEN notation for the current board position pops up.
3. Highlight the notation by clicking in the box and right click and click Copy to copy the notation to your clipboard/memory. Click OK to exit.
How to insert/paste the FEN into your message:
1. Return to your message box and click on the line you wish to place the FEN diagram.
2. Type fen=" paste the notation and then end it with a parenthesis ["]. No spaces.
3. Click on the Preview button at the bottom of the message to see if you are successful.
This is what it should look like. (Note: I'm inserting a SPACE after the equal sign [=] to prevent this application from automatically converting it into a chessboard diagram.)
fen= "r1bqk1nr/ppp2p2/3p3p/3Pb1p1/2B1Pp1P/2N2Q2/PPP3P1/R1B1K2R b KQkq -"
Here it is without the SPACE
So try it out and check your results by clicking on the preview button. Let me know if you have any problems.
RE: FEN chessboard diagram instructions